Watch Pelicans vs 76ers: How to Live Stream, TV Channel, Wednesday NBA Game Start Time
Until the 1st trimester
Pundits predicted a win for the Philadelphia 76ers, but it’s not certain at this point. After a quarter, neither team has the game in the bag, but Philadelphia leads 29-25 over the New Orleans Pelicans.
The 76ers were led by Joel Embiid, who so far has 12 points and four assists in addition to three rebounds. New Orleans enjoyed the team combination of Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Devonte ‘Graham. The first has nine points, while the second has seven points.
Philadelphia @ New Orleans
What there is to know
The Philadelphia 76ers and New Orleans Pelicans open their 2021-2022 seasons against each other at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday at the Smoothie King Center. Philadelphia is coming out of a 49-23 season with hopes of advancing beyond the second round of the playoffs, where they were eliminated by the Atlanta Hawks 103-96 in Game 7. On the other hand, New Orleans completely missed the playoffs last season and are hoping for a good start.
A pair of stats from last season to keep in mind as you watch: The 76ers finished fourth in drawn fouls per game, finishing the 2020-2021 season with an average of 21. But New Orleans was even better: They placed second in the league in drawn fouls per game, ending the year with 21.3 on average. Be prepared to familiarize yourself with the team of officials.
Philadelphia has all the chances on their side, so they will have to beware of complacency. A victory is not a certainty, especially at the start of the season, so expect a good game.
How to watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Or: Smoothie King Center – New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Bally Sports – New Orleans
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 7.76
The 76ers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to latest NBA odds.
The line drifted a bit towards the 76ers, as the game opened with the 76ers as 1.5 point favorites.
Over / Under: -110
History of the series
Philadelphia has won seven of its last 11 games against New Orleans.
- May 07, 2021 – Philadelphia 109 v New Orleans 107
- April 09, 2021 – New Orleans 101 vs. Philadelphia 94
- December 13, 2019 – Philadelphia 116 v New Orleans 109
- February 25, 2019 – Philadelphia 111 v New Orleans 110
- November 21, 2018 – Philadelphia 121 v New Orleans 120
- February 09, 2018 – Philadelphia 100 vs New Orleans 82
- December 10, 2017 – New Orleans 131 vs. Philadelphia 124
- December 20, 2016 – New Orleans 108 vs. Philadelphia 93
- December 08, 2016 – Philadelphia 99 vs New Orleans 88
- April 05, 2016 – Philadelphia 107 v New Orleans 93
- February 19, 2016 – New Orleans 121 vs. Philadelphia 114
New Orleans injury report
- Tomas Satoransky: Decision during the match (Illness)
- Zion Williamson: absent (foot)
Philadelphia injury report
- Shake Milton: Out (ankle)
- Grant Riller: out (knee)